A facility representative will complete an assessment before admission to assure that appropriate care can be provided. The admission team reviews previous and current medical diagnoses, current medications and functional status. The current primary care physician completes a history and physical at the time of admission. We assist you in determining if your physician can continue to follow you at the facility. If necessary, we will assist you in choosing one of our house physicians.
A number of forms must be completed once an admission decision has been made. This may take up to two hours. The following information and forms are completed at the time of admission:
- Insurance information and cards such as Medicare, Medicaid, HMO
- Resident's birth date and place
- Physician orders (if coming from home)
- History and Physical from current physician
- Advanced Directives: Living Will, Durable Power of Attorney,
Do Not Resuscitate Form
- Social Security Card
- Responsible party address and telephone number
- Guardianship/conservatorship papers
Some items are necessary for us to meet a residents needs. All personal items must be marked with resident's name in a permanent marker.
- Comfortable, machine washable clothing
- Hearing aides